My family and I have lived in Riverwoods for over 16 years and all three of my children attended District 109 Schools. I believe that educating our children is one of our most important responsibilities, both as parents and as a community, and that taking an active part in that process is critical to maintaining and improving the high-quality education we enjoy in this District. Since 2013, I have been privileged to serve on the District 109 School Board and believe that the experience and stability I can provide will greatly benefit our community as we welcome at least two new board members, the transition to a new superintendent, and continue to navigate the later stages of the pandemic. I am proud to have again earned the endorsement of the DPS109 Caucus.
My Board Experience
- Board Secretary (2015-Present)
- Chair, Finance Committee (2015-2019)
- Continued the District’s tradition of balanced budgets
- Completed over $40 million in capital improvements without a referendum
- Abated over $4.5 million in property taxes by paying debt service through operating funds
- Reduced and eliminated many annual fees charged to families
- Chair, Executive Development Committee (2017-Present) (Member 2013-Present)
- Developed and implemented a tool to annually evaluate the superintendent
- Annually review and recommend contracts and compensation of District administrators
- Participate in the hiring process for key administrative positions
- Member, Policy Committee (2013-Present)
- Wholesale review and update of Board Policy Manual
- Continuously review and keep policies updated consistent with changes to the law.
- Member, Negotiations Committee (2015, 2019)
- Successfully and amicably negotiated mutually beneficial contracts with both of the District’s collective bargaining units in record time.
- Board Representative, Covid-19 Re-Entry Task Force (2020-Present)
- Serve as one of two Board representatives on the Task Force to collaborate with staff, parents, experts and community members on best practices for a safe return to in-person learning for all constituencies.
- Work closely with Interim Superintendents to navigate and resolve challenges arising in a constantly changing pandemic environment.
- Review and synthesize myriad studies, data, feedback regarding all aspects of educating students in a pandemic environment including, but not limited to federal, state, and local governmental health and safety guidance and metrics, mitigation strategies, legal/liability implications, labor and facility issues, educational and social-emotional implications of various learning models on all cohorts of students, Covid testing options and protocols, and vaccination program.
- Master School Board Member (sustaining), Illinois Association of School Boards (2019-Present).
- Ed-Red Liaison (2013-2015)
During my tenure, the District has achieved:
- Five out of six schools designated Blue Ribbon Schools by the U.S. Department of Education
- Transition to tuition-free, full-day Kindergarten–eliminating tuition two years ahead of schedule.
- Consistent improvements in academic achievement
- District-wide adoption of Leader In Me social emotional curriculum
- Adoption and implementation of co-teaching model and other inclusive practices for special education students.
- Consistently high results on annual climate and culture surveys measuring staff, student and parent satisfaction.
- Completion of over $40 million in capital improvements without referendum, including air conditioning, science labs, LMC renovations, art and music renovations, life safety work, new furniture, and the renovation of both middle school cafeterias
- Established Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
Prior to serving on the Board:
- Exec. Board Wilmot PTO (Served on and chaired various committees)
- Chair, Caruso School Supplies Committee
- Member, DPS109 Caucus
- University of Chicago—B.A. in Public Policy Studies, 1991
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law—J.D., 1994
Partner, Robinson, Stewart, Montgomery & Doppke LLC (2010-Present—including predecessor firms)
I represent attorneys and judges in professional (licensing) disciplinary investigations and proceedings, and bar applicants in Character & Fitness proceedings to gain admission to the Illinois Bar. I also provide consulting services to attorneys, law firms, government agencies, and law related businesses regarding legal ethics issues (i.e., conflicts of interest, handling client funds, ethical business practices, etc.) that arise in many different practice areas. I have also served as an expert witness in legal ethics/malpractice and fee matters.
Litigation Counsel/Senior Litigation Counsel, Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois (1994-2004)
Adjunct Professor, Loyola University Chicago School of Law (2006-2011)
- Board Member, Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Committee on Professional Regulation, American Bar Association
- Committee on Professional Conduct, Illinois State Bar Association
- Committee on Professional Responsibility, Chicago Bar Association
- Committee on Access to Justice, Chicago Council of Lawyers
My husband, Mike, and I have lived in Riverwoods since 2004 and have three children. Our sons, Jacob and Evan, are both DPS109 and DHS alums and attend Boston University and DePaul University respectively. Our daughter, Maggie, is also a DPS109 alum and is a junior at DHS.
In addition to serving on the DPS 109 School Board, I am also a member of the District 113 Caucus and have previously served on the boards of other local non-profit agencies focused on providing services to children and families. In my free time, I enjoy traveling (during non-COVID times), reading, theater, and spending time with family and friends (these days via Zoom).